Panera Bread Potato Soup
The great thing about this recipe is that you can change it up to your liking. I add about 2 cloves of garlic; however, if onions are more your thing, then they work too. Leeks are another great option. I just happen to love garlic.
Add the cream cheese, I use a whole package of about 300 grams, shown in the picture. Stir the soup until the cream cheese is melted. At this point you can also add spices of your choice. I add salt and pepper (white pepper is fabulous in it), and paprika. You can add some red pepper if you want it to pack a punch.
Once you taste it, you will see the many places you can take it. I have thought of adding bacon or crabs or clams to make it more of a meat-lovers type of soup. I would love to hear if you make it what kinda spin you put on it!
Well there you have it! super easy, right? As you might have noticed by most of the recipes I post on here, I am no chef. There isn’t anything really super special about the recipes except that they are easy and fast and yummy. I have three boys in my family and saying they like to eat is an understatement. I need to be able to whip out a substantial meal at a moment’s notice!
I hope you get a chance to make this delicious soup on a cold night, it will warm your belly!
Here’s the Panera Bread potato soup recipe written out:
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (I leave this out, but great if you like more spicy!)
1. Combine broth, potatoes, garlic, and spices.
2. Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
3. Smash a few of the potatoes to release their starch for thickening.4. Reduce to low heat.5. Add cream cheese.6. Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
Post By : http://manouvellemode.com/