My husband and I have been battling what’s left of a head cold for about a week now. A hot steamy shower always helps us loosen the goop in our nose and throat, but with these menthol shower bombs you get a little extra boost. They smell great, too!
1/2 cup of Baking Soda
1 cup of cornstarch
5 table spoons of Vicks (Can use baby Vicks for a more gentle smell)
Add a teaspoon of water as your see fit. (I did 3)
Mold tray (ice cube, chocolate)
- First start by getting your bowl and add in your corn starch (add a little glitter in if you want some sparkle).
- Now add in your Vicks and mix it around until well combined. This will be strong smelling so maybe wear gloves if your sensitive or open a window. Be mindful of how much Vicks you are adding. Too much Vicks in it it won’t melt and it will be slippery.
- Now add in your baking soda and mix well. IF you find you need more moisture add a teaspoon at a time but do not over do it or it won’t form right.
- Then mold the mixture into your ice cube tray or other molding tray (these were molded in a chocolate molding tray… you can get pretty creative with shapes & themes if you want).
- Then you will want to freeze them for a few hours.
- Take out and pop them out of the molds. You can place then into small jars for yourself or use them as gifts.
Place one in the shower with you near the drain and let it fill your shower and hopefully clear your head and nose!